August 18, 2008

Random Musing: Gone With the Wind


Few of you know this, but thanks to Professor Anne Kern from Purchase College in New York, I was interviewed for an NPR program called "Studio 360/American Icons" almost two years ago. Having spoken with Professor Kern following a special guest lecture of Professor Sam B. Girgus' America on Film class, she learned that my favorite film is "Gone With the Wind." Being asked to interview for an NPR program about that film just weeks after our chat, Professor Kern contacted me (through Professor Girgus) to see if I would be interested in interviewing as well - as a "young person with whom the film still resonates." I jumped for joy at the opportunity, and just a few weeks later, my voice would be heard on the program, released November 10th, 2006.

I wanted to share this (shortened) version of the program with you, my faithful readers, as well as treat you to some news - as of right now, I will be working with Vanderbilt Television Network's new director, Kristina Lyons, providing opening commentary for many classic films to be added to the network's weekly programming schedule. Having seen Robert Osbourne for years on Turner Classic Movies, it makes me abundantly happy to make this similar job a reality! I am uncertain at this time if those lead-ins will be available on YouTube for posting here, but I am in the works of bringing my film reviews to a separate series on the network - Ebert & Roeper style! Hopefully those will come to fruition, and as they become available, I intend to publish those here for your viewing pleasure.

But for now, sit back, relax, and take a ride back to the antebellum South of "Gone With the Wind"...

No comments: