July 5, 2008

Random Musing: Fox Classics at Costco


So the other day I went with my friends to Costco in Memphis, and naturally, I wandered into the movie section. I found a few good bargains, including "The Bridges of Madison County" and "The Sand Pebbles," each for $9.99. But, oh was a surprise awaiting me... Looking through movie collections, I just so happened to find the 20th Century Fox Studio Classics series in sets of three for a heavenly deal... $11.99. I kid you not. $11.99. Sweet bliss. It was like finding one of those classic films on DVD for that price plus getting two free (at any other retailer)! The set I chose featured George Stevens' 1959 "The Diary of Anne Frank," the 1943 Oscar-magnet "The Song of Bernadette," and the 1953 "Titanic." I honestly could not believe I had found this amazing "triple feature" set for such a steal, and I thought I would inform the rest of the world about my bargain buy. This was not the only set available for you curious few, but this was my favorite selection of all of the rest (which included such favorites as "Peyton Place" and "All About Eve," but neither in must-have triplet packs). And for the near future, I might have to go back to Costco... Be back soon!

No comments: