December 23, 2008

Random Musing: The Academy Awards Trivia


Because Oscar season looms on the horizon, I know everyone, including me, has begun to buzz. On a related note, since I happened to lay eyes on the most wonderful book in the world tonight in a bookstore, my partner Andy and I have been playing a game where he asks me every trivia question in the world he can possibly find on Wikipedia relating to 80 years of Best Picture Academy Award winners, and I tell him the answer based on my own memory of them. (There is some incredibly fascinating trivia in this list, by the way... Who knew the milestones of such films as "Cimarron," "Mutiny on the Bounty," and "Marty"? However, "In the Heat of the Night" as a "mystery"...?)

For a look at the trivia, click here. Test your own knowledge, and see how well you do! (For someone obsessed with Oscar history, I held my own... Sometimes...)

No comments: